Melanie G. Weaver joined The Law Office of Lorri L. Wilbee-Kobe, LLC, in January of 2015. The majority of Ms. Weaver’s practice includes family law, bankruptcy, traffic and criminal law, personal injury and wills, estates and estate planning. Ms. Weaver can be contacted directly at the firm’s Odessa location, phone number (816) 230-5059 or via e-mail at MWeaver@lwklaw.com.
Ms. Weaver has provided legal services to clients in excess of eighteen (18) years. Prior to joining The Law Office of Lorri L. Wilbee-Kobe, LLC, Ms. Weaver maintained a law office in Clinton, Missouri. Ms. Weaver is admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri, as well as specifically admitted to practice law in the Western District and Southern District of the Missouri Court of Appeals and the Federal District Court.
Ms. Weaver’s practice has always been devoted to providing the necessary services based on the needs of her clients. She has, and continues to, provide representation to clients in bankruptcy proceedings, collection actions and personal injury cases. She has counseled and represented her clients with respect to estate planning, preparation of wills, deeds, trusts, as well as miscellaneous real estate transactions and litigation. Ms. Weaver has a strong family law practice and she has considerable experience assisting clients in divorce, paternity establishment, child custody, visitation and adoption. Based upon the needs of the client, Ms. Weaver assists her clients in bringing, defending and concluding their legal matters through the court system, which includes litigation, bench trials, jury trials, mediation and appeals. During her aggressive representation of her clients, Ms. Weaver remains cognizant of the financial burden of litigation and makes every effort to provide legal services at a reasonable cost.
Ms. Weaver obtained her Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City in 1998. Prior to law school, Ms. Weaver completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Central Missouri where she graduate Cum Laude in 1995. Ms. Weaver majored in criminal justice with a minor in political science. Subsequently, Ms. Weaver has obtained her Certificate of Mediation Training from the Missouri State University in conjunction with the Washington University School of Law, specifically in Civil and Family Law Alternative Dispute Resolution.
Honors and Achievements:
- Guardian ad Litem Certification since 1999
- Civil and Family Law Mediation certified since 2012
- Member of the UMKC Law Review 1996-1998
- UMKC Emissary Award 1998
- Member of the UMKC Emissaries 1996-1998
- Member of the UCM Pre-Law Association 1990-1995
- Member of UCM Chapter National Criminal Justice Honor Society (Alpha P. Sigma) 1994-1995
Professional and Civic Associations:
- Present Member of the Missouri Bar Association
- Present Member of the Missouri Bar Family Law Section
- Present Member of the 27th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Past President of the 27th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Present Member of the 15th Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Sponsor of the Odessa, Missouri, Chamber of Commerce Rodeo
- Past Ambassador of the Clinton, Missouri, Chamber of Commerce
- Present Member of the Odessa, Missouri, Rodeo Committee
- Past Board Member of Share and Care, a Non-Profit Organization
- Past Co-Director of Deepwater Queen Contest
- Past Member of Deepwater Labor Harvest Picnic Committee
- Present Member of Higginsville FFA Booster Club
- Past Secretary of the Midwest Barrel Racing Association (MBRA)
- Past Weekly Volunteer at Clinton Animal Rescue Endeavor (CARE), a Non-Profit Organization
Hobbies and Interests:
Ms. Weaver currently resides in Higginsville, Missouri, with her teenage daughter. Ms. Weaver enjoys accompanying her daughter in her barrel racing endeavors and the two are actively involved with the National Barrel Racing Association (NBHA), Midwest Barrel Racing Association (MBRA) and Better Barrel Racing (BBR) as well as the local Higginsville FFA Chapter. Ms. Weaver also enjoys reading, gardening, photography and spending time with friends and family and is actively involved in her local community.